GoDaddy is a domain registrar that helps bloggers achieve their aim of hosting a website.
A GoDaddy account is a profile of a particular user on the network. Although the GoDaddy network is one of the largest and most reliable domain registrars globally, some people still choose to opt-out of the network by way of deleting their profiles – their user’s account.
Reasons for decisions like this can vary from:
- The user does not like the network provider’s current service.
Not everyone is always satisfied with customer or care service. As a customer, you may feel that if you are not treated well enough by a current service provider, it’s enough reason to detach from them.
- The user may have found another network provider that suits his/her specifications better.
Assuming you want to host a website that allows 800 visitors and your current website, you can only get 500 visitors. Now you find another that allows even up to a thousand visitors, I am sure you would switch for quantity.
- Or simply because they want to retire.
It could also be because you want to take a break from the whole Internet business.
What you need to know before deleting your GoDaddy account
- Once you delete your account, you will no longer have access to the account.
- If you still have some products on the account, you can’t delete your account unless you cancel the product or wait for it to expire.
- All your data would be deleted from the account and also their database.
- There would be no provisions for backup for you after you delete your account.
- You can get another account with GoDaddy in the future.
Steps to Delete GoDaddy
You can delete a GoDaddy account permanently or temporarily. This depends on your reasons for staying off the network. But here, I’ll be showing you the step-by-step process to deleting your GoDaddy account permanently.
I will suggest you back your account before performing any deletion or canceling your GoDaddy account, the account might be irreversible so approach with utmost caution.
- “Log in” to your GoDaddy account
- Go to “account settings.”
- Click on “contact preference.”
- Scroll down to “account.”
- Click on “Edit” to close the account permanently
- Confirm option popping up on your screen
- Click on “Close account.”
If you follow these steps accordingly, you should be able to delete your Go Daddy account in no time permanently.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, which help keep this content free.
Over 2 Million+ Digital Assets, With Unlimited Downloads
Get unlimited downloads of 2 million+ design resources, themes, templates, photos, graphics and more. Envato Elements starts at $16 per month, and is the best creative subscription we've ever seen.